Tuesday, April 30, 2013

jamaican me be in the moment


Recently I was invited to Jamaica by my friend Blair and her beautiful family. They were celebrating a big birthday. Blair’s friends were invited to share in the celebration, which gave us all a rare occasion to be together in a gorgeous setting, with luxurious accommodations and delicious food. It was absolutely lovely. And that’s a gross understatement.

My favorite part of the vacation – a close second to trying paddle boarding and falling in love with the “sport” J  – was having true quality time with my friends. When we weren’t at the beach doing water sports, wading in the bathtub ocean or lounging by the sea, we were at our villa laying in and around the pool, or sitting together for meals. It was decadent.

I savored being disconnected from technology. Besides streaming Spotify for background music, we were rarely plugged in. We didn’t even have cell service; my only communication with my fiance was FaceTime via Wi-Fi, which was only available in one common room. And while I missed having private conversations with Justin, I sure didn’t miss being on my phone. Mealtimes were especially special because our group sat together and conversed with each other, not with people on the other end of our text messages.

But of course we don’t need an extravagant getaway to take a vacation from our phones. We can just follow some rules:) 

A

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Neat post. There's a problem along with your web site in internet explorer, would test this? IE still is the market chief and a large section of folks will miss your fantastic writing because of this problem.

    My page :: weight loss tips for night shift workers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...