Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fake it til you bake it


There’s no shame in baking from a box. In the “Philosophies of Practicing and Teaching” section of my yoga teacher training program, and in life, I’ve learned that one shouldn’t seek self-worth in baking abilities, handstand skills, etc.

In other words, don’t attach to baking from scratch. Don’t attach to any kind of baking or cooking. Just the act of preparing food, or even buying it, can be very thoughtful. Yesterday I made chocolate chip banana bread for my beloved. I highly recommend this recipe.

Ingredients:
Trader Joe’s Banana Bread Mix
Trader Joe’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips (optional, can be substituted or combined with chopped walnuts, dried cherries… get wild)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water




Directions:
Preheat oven to 325*
Place mix in a large bowl
Add eggs, oil and water
Stir mixture together until blended
Pour batter into a greased loaf pan
Bake until golden brown, approximately 45 to 55 mins

*I highly recommend investing (a few dollars) in an oven thermometer. In my last apartment, choosing a temp on the dial was like playing Russian roulette. 

Voila! Banana bread bliss, homemade by yours truly…



A


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog,Amy! Keep up the good work! And that recipe sounds yummy.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...