Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Petite treats


Just in time for Wellness Wednesday this post is about sweets. Counter-intuitive? Probably, considering our culture of super-sized portions and fad diets that don’t work. But I believe eating right can include dessert. And most non-Americans agree. Check out French Women Don’t Get Fat if you’d like to read up on the subject. Of course it really is common sense, this notion of eating everything in moderation, but for some reason we Americans (myself definitely included) are so intoxicated by the advertising, product placement and general ubiquitousness of “junk food.” Allow this entry to serve as a reminder that food is not the enemy and that portion control is key. I’ll try to adhere to this basic truth while prepping for my wedding, and I’ll start by practicing compassion for myself and not feeling so guilty when I indulge in delicious desserts. Here are a few of my favorites as of late:

With or without vanilla ice cream, it’s perfection.


Hands down the best cupcake in NYC, and probably in DC too. (Thank you for the introduction Leah.)



Justin and I have been eating these just about every night this summer. I think we single-handedly bought out our grocery store’s stock. 


If you find yourself at the Jersey Shore, this crumb cake is worth the stop. The crumbs to cake ratio is perfect, and it’s really moist. 


Talenti is my new favorite gelato brand. It’s AMAZING. And the little plastic pint containers can be re-used for small snacks like raspberries.


Enjoy!
A






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...