Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Golden Globes 2014

Did you watch the Golden Globes this past Sunday? I was feeling especially psyched since I’d seen many of the films nominated. And I was of course curious to see all the ladies’ fashions. So I DVR-ed The Red Carpet. (Apparently there were incredibly important football games on during the Globes pre-show. And marriage means compromise J)

But DVR-ing the red carpet was pointless. Once football ended and the actual awards show started, there was no way I was going to watch the entire Red Carpet afterwards. So instead I watched the Globes while perusing red carpet images on Pinterest. Isn't technology the best?

As for the styles, I thought Olivia Wilde looked amazing. I was underwhelmed with most of the other actors’ outfits. I’m a big believer in finding a dress that makes you look your best, not wearing a frock just because it’s allegedly fashion-forward. Or so hideous it’s cool.


As it turned out, the more interesting elements of the 2014 Globes were:
- That one funny joke about George Clooney. (Choosing death over dating someone his own age. Quite witty.)
- Jacqueline Bisset (I have no words.)
- Matt Damon (How smooth is he?!)
- Jared Leto’s Bun (Just the bun, not Leto.)
- Andy Samberg (When he thanked “my team” I just lost it.)
- And last but not least, Leo.

Leonardo DiCaprio is known for never winning awards. I’m happy for him that he brought home a Globe. His acting in The Wolf of Wall Street was convincing. And The Wolf of Wall Street was well done and certainly entertaining. What I don’t understand is why it was made it the first place. If I had done a little research and known more about the (true) story, I wouldn’t have purchased a ticket to see The Wolf in the first place. The Wolf, based on Jordan Belfort’s autobiographical book, was basically an “f you” to the Everyman. Not my cup of tea. 

A

P.S. Check out this article, written by the daughter of a man who had been in cahoots with Belfort. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...