Sunday, December 23, 2012

Les Miserables


Les Mis holds a special place in my heart. When I was a wannabe actress/singer I would repeatedly recite “On My Own.” (It was a popular audition song among the JCC kid actors.) I absolutely loved the Broadway production of Les Miserables. I saw it two times: Once on a school trip, and once with my mom and brothers. We were so affected by the show that we named our golden retriever Cosette (“Cozy” for short).

When Brian (my coworker/friend/cultural compass) showed me the new Les Mis movie’s trailer, I got teary-eyed. I’ve been counting down the days until Christmas ever since, and not just because I can’t wait to indulge in some delicious Chinese food. If you somehow haven’t heard, Le Mis opens on Xmas day, and I plan to drag Justin to see it. I have a feeling we may end up having to do a double feature: Le Mis and Django Unchained


Happy Holidays,
A

P.S. If you want a little inspiration pre-show or if you need some literature to prove to your significant other how totally cool Le Mis will be, check out this 60 Minutes segment featuring Hugh Jackman and this Vogue article on star Anne Hathaway.

P.P.S. A couple of pictures of our beloved Cossette AKA Cozy -


2 comments:

  1. Toԁay, whilе I was at wоrk,
    my cоusin stolе my iPad anԁ testeԁ tο sеe if іt can survive а fогty foot drop, јust
    so she can be a yοutube sensatiοn.
    My apple iрad is now destrοyed and she has 83 vіews.
    I know this is complеtely оff toρic but I had to share іt with
    someone!

    My webpаge Americas Cardroom Poker Offer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...