Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sending Sweets – A Gift Guide for All Occasions


I’m ashamed to admit it but I once got upset at Justin for bringing me after-work birthday flowers from our corner bodega instead of sending me a “happy b-day” bouquet at work. It’s just more special to receive a little somethin somethin via delivery or through snail mail. So whenever I have a good excuse, I send something sweet. Literally. I love flowers but lately I’ve been into sending edible treats –

For Anyone (Except Diabetics): Whoopie Pies
You can’t go wrong with giving the gift of whoopie pies from One Girl Cookies. It’s now become a tradition for Justin’s b-day; I get them delivered to his office. Even his secretary knows whoopie pies are coming come October. And fall is the best time to send them because pumpkin is in season.


For Bridesmaids: Custom-Made Cookies
I stole this idea from my friend Nooshin. Instead of just asking my sisters and friends to be in our bridal party, I sent my maids and matrons cookies in the shapes of dresses. Everyone thought they were super cute, and delicious. I used The Flour Pot, which happens to be on Oprah’s O List.


For Future In-Laws: Eataly Gift Basket
This is more savory than sweet, but the effect is the same… Bon appétit! After Justin’s parents kindly took me on their family trip to Turks & Caicos a couple of years ago, I sent them a thank-you gift basket from Eataly. And now I’m part of the fam :)
A



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...